Blind Loyalty? {Trifextra}

BROKEN HEART

“He tears your life apart but you defend him anyway.”

“I’m sure he’s sorry.”

“I’m pretty sure he’s not.”

“You don’t see him…”

“Hmmph! A devil in disguise.”

“Well I can always repent.”

**********************

Trifecta

This week we’re asking for 33 of your own words inspired by this classic song by The Rolling Stones.

I took a literal view of “sympathy for the devil”.

I hope all of you are having a great weekend, and because I don’t brag on them enough…

Giovanni and Jacob made the NY DAILY NEWS for an article on the Giants (CUE SADNESS) and their losing season.

They are so cute in their GIANTS shirts.

****************************

Thanks for stopping by, you know I love it when you do!

Like Be the first one who likes this post!
About Kir

Kirsten is a wife after years of dating, a mom after years of infertility & a lover of shoes, words, NYC and TV dramas. A storyteller and daydreamer at heart, this is the place where her stories come to be told. Thanks for visiting.

Comments

1. A devil in disguise – dangerous!

2. Hmmm. I could maybe relate to this. Sounds like a conversation I’ve had with my bff before.

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

I think , as women, we’ve all had this conversation. (which makes me very sad, that we sometimes we choose to love and defend a person who does not love us)

as always I’m just glad you stopped by!

3. Dangerous and delish!!! Quite possible many of us have been in this position ourselves. You always leave me wanting more, girlfriend!!!

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

Yes, we all have…haven’t we? Sell our souls to someone that never deserved us?
      But you’re here in my space and I adore that!!! I do hope we can catch up soon. :)

4. Love the last line, Kir – nicely done.

5. Interesting last line, how she takes it upon herself to repent. Cleverly and nicely done. Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend!

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

thank you Trifecta..for stopping by!

I think most women do this, even when it’s not our fault, we take the blame, take on the repenting for a devilish person. It looks so much more sad in print.

hope you had a great weekend.

6. Such a thin disguise and it so often works. Hope repenting works, that gray area of repenting intentional sins and all :)

HI Janna!
      I guess as a Catholic , I always thought that repenting was the only way to go…even if it was someone else’s sins I was repenting. 😉

thanks for stopping by, I have loved reading your stories with ‘yeah write’…you are so talented my friend.

7. So many in life with such a thin veil to cover their evil. It’s amazing we can be so easily tricked, seeing only what we want to see.

Nice.

8. growing up in violence…this really touched me…thank you for writing this.

hi my friend.
      first, I grew up in violence too. I will email you more about that, but I did.

so I’m not happy that this touched you because it means you were remembering and that makes me sad…but here we are, survivors of it, better and stronger and HERE.

thank you for coming over to read and lead me this comment. Even though this was more about an old lover/boyfriend but because my writing touched you, I’m touched. XO

9. That is thought-provoking… there can be so many scenarios. Well-written.

HI!
      thank you for coming over to read and take what you wanted from it, that makes me happy that you found so many things in my words.

hoping you had a great weekend

10. Repent at leisure? With chocolate, perhaps? I’m in!

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

oh YOU!!! Okay, at leisure and with chocolate…we repent on Saturday (mornings)

you always make me giggle, and that is awesome.
      hope you had a great weekend

11. Nice job.

12. The last line was terrific. I may have a time or two thought along those lines. :) Very good take.

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

Oh I think we have all had a thought or two like that one.

it’s so unsettling to know that blame is being placed on you for something that was given freely. that’s how the devil works…right?

so glad to see you here, thank you for stopping by . Hope you had a great weekend.

13. Awesome piece, Kir, and your boys look adorable in the article!

HI Draug!
      thanks for taking a look at the article, the boys were so thrilled to be “on the computer”
      I just like when you visit. Hope you had a good weekend.

14. This is so heart wrenching Kir! The lies we tell ourselves in the name of love. Been there myself:)
    Have a wonderful weekend, my wonderful friend!

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

Valerie, your comment said everything that my piece didn’t..thank you for that.

Hope you had a great weekend, I do love when you’re in my space.

XO

15. Very good.. and unfortunately not to rare….

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

how true Bjorn. It had happened to me enough to have something to write about. No?

hope you had a great weekend !

16. First things first: Your boys are ADORABLE! I remember when my son was a cute little boy. Now he’s a cute, 5’8″ 13-year-old with armpit hair and questionable hygiene. Sigh.

This will come as no surprise to you, but I love this. (I pretty much love everything you write.) I have had similar discussions with SO many women. “You don’t see him when we’re alone.” “He’s not like that all the time.” Blah, blah, blah. I hope this chick wakes up, kicks him in the junk, and then repents. 😉

BTW, I just saw your email from last month. (Ugh!) I replied. Better late than never, right?! :)

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

You made my WHOLE weekend, do you know that?
      My cheeks hurt from smiling while I read this comment, and thought…”she gets me”.

I also saw your email and will write back in a little bit. We have plenty to chat about. I want to send Trifecta a thank you note for introducing me to so many amazing people..and you’re at the top of my list. XO

My 5 yr olds already have “questionable hygiene” …that’s not a good thing is it?? LOL

XO

17. I pray that my girls have the courage to see their future beaus as they are and to always leave the devils to their own devices. As always, you are the Queen of creating poignant scenes from the mosiac of emotional relationships.

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

I guess if I can’t be a good example, I can be a “fair warning”..when they are old enough let them read my things and say …”Please don’t trust your heart to men who have no intention of loving you.” (My husband is not among those men)

I’m so glad to see you here….I’ve missed you. Hope you’re doing well.

18. Last minute repenting . . . it’s kind of like a get out of jail free card! 😀

for him maybe…;)

thank you for coming over to read, I love when you visit.

19. oh my. Brilliantly done.

20. Love that last line sleight of hand back to empowerment.

Morning Kymm,
      that last line is important in any relationship like this…don’t you think? We need to come back and say “it’s YOU not me.”

HAPPY MONDAY