Without A Net {Trifextra} (Shelby & Gunnar)

It might hurt.

It’s not supposed to, but sometimes it will.

Just like washing your hands of something does more than eliminate germs.

Let go” you urge.

Love beckons.

Will you catch me?

***********************************

For Trifecta this weekend we were given this quote

“It’s like the smarter you are, the more things can scare you.”

and asked to tell you what we (or our character) is afraid of.

I was thinking of my recurring heroine Shelby when I wrote this.

**********************************

Thanks for coming over to read, hope you’re having a wonderful weekend.

Like Be the first one who likes this post!
About Kir

Kirsten is a wife after years of dating, a mom after years of infertility & a lover of shoes, words, NYC and TV dramas. A storyteller and daydreamer at heart, this is the place where her stories come to be told. Thanks for visiting.

Comments

1. Kir, this is excellent! “It’s not supposed to, but sometimes it will.” So true! Love, even good healthy love, hurts sometimes. And the fear of losing love (to someone else, to death …) keeps so many people from letting someone in. You conveyed that fear perfectly.

I’m not afraid to say I love this piece. :)

Have a fab weekend, my friend!

• Kir Piccini says:

Oh Ivy, you flatter me. But thank you for that, for letting me know that it resonates.
      Love can be so scary sometimes, I’m glad that I captured that.

XO

2. Well-written… love is a powerful emotion and its end could be disastrous.
    I loved the statement- ‘Love beckons’
    -HA

Hi HA,
      I am glad that this piece is resonating, Love that is not returned can be one of the scariest things.
      THANK You so much for the visit.

3. Letting go of the fear is always the hardest. Have to close your eyes. And trust….

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

yes, always. I’m so glad that you could hear that in the words.

Congratulations on your placement /win. So well deserved. :)

4. Yes, love hurts horribly because you care so much. This is very well-crafted without having to drive it home. Your words are always beautiful, Kirsten.

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

Thank you , thank you so much for this beautiful comment. I have read it so many times since Friday, how do you stay thank you for being such a good friend, an amazing support. Your words to me were beautiful. THANK YOU.

5. Good piece. The trust in a loving relationship. I love it!

Love can be scary. 😉

hope you had a great weekend Joe, thank you for the visit.

6. You capture feelings and emotions so well. Love is one of the scariest things because you offer your heart – the most fragile piece of you- knowing that there’s a good chance it will be crushed at some point.

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

Janna, if I had to write it again, I would use your amazing words. Yes, you give your fragile to someone and want to know that it will be cared for…it’s so hard to accept when it isn’t.

congratulations on your win last week, LOVED that piece.
      Hope you had a wonderful weekend

7. We must be on the same wavelength (I wrote of love too)
    Well done! wonderful use of 33 words!

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

I told you that you did it better….but i like that we both wrote about love and the fear that can be part of it.

thank you for visiting, I am so glad you came by. :)

8. Nice piece, very romantic and hopeful. I like the message!

best,
    MOV

thank you MOV.
      I like to think it’s hopeful, that someone will catch you if they ask you to fall.

have a great weekend!

9. Love is scarey! I think that a lot of the fear stems from what disguises itself as love is often an imposter.

10. This hits very close to home. That fear probably kills a lot of relationships. Beautifully written Kir. As usual.

11. Oh Gunnar is back.. and that love can scare for shure…

12. That great unknown… how much do you surrender.

13. Loved this! The risk, the beckoning. Beautiful!

14. Trust is so easy, until it isn’t. Then it is terrifying.
    Well, and sweetly put, Kir!

15. Beautiful. Love is a grace.

16. This is perfection. I suppose without the feeling of love, what else could one fear? Everything seems to be tied into that emotion, whether death, loss, or afraid of happiness. Wonderful!

17. Ah, the leap of faith, very well captured. Thanks for linking up! Don’t forget to come back and vote!

18. You never know until you take the leap!!

19. A scary leap it is!

20. Will you catch me – Sigh! Excellent, lovely work, Kir!

21. This was beautiful!

22. Beautifully captured! And so true. There’s nothing like standing on that precipice, trying to decide whether to leap or not. Seriously scary.

23. Beautiful Kir-you’ve profoundly captured what I think is a universal fear-one that none of us are safe from. As always-so well done!

24. That leaping can be scary stuff but oh, so, rewarding. We just need to find the right one to catch our hearts. Trust can be frightening too. Love your romanticism.

25. Fabulous… scary but worth the risk :)

HI Melanie,
      thank you so much for visiting, for leaving such a nice comment. I appreciate it very much.

26. Never has a fear been expressed so gently and beautiful :)

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

you flatter me, this comment made my day yesterday..thank you so much for visiting and for leaving me such incredible words. I appreciate it more than you know.

• Awe…Liquid Poet (my fiance)…think you are such a kind soul…and offer such inspiration to us both…I’m glad my words gave you a boost…you deserve it.

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

I just really believe in the nature of karma and what I put out in the world , will come back to me. I love reading you and your finace because you both have such strong words and emotions that come through your stories.

I think that the kindest thing one author can do for another is to support and encourage. You make me better and I hope in some small ways I do that for you too.

thank you so much for your kindness, you don’t know how much it means to me.
          sending XO.

• Thank you for such kind words… honestly I can say Ryan (Liquid Poet) and I are helped and inspired by you in BIG ways….we are very like minded spiritually…Put out good…and it’s always a treat at its surprise return.
            I’m so truly happy we’ve met.

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

I can tell you with my whole heart that I am truly happy that we met too.

I’ve been called silly, naive and too trusting (and perhaps I am) many times, but I like living this way. I believe in magic and love, I believe that being good begets good and I save my hate for things and people that are truly evil.

plus knowing that you have found Ryan and a love in this crazy, chaotic world makes the hopeless romantic in me very happy. Naive and all. 😉 xo

• I’ve also been told I’m too trusting….but I want to believe the good..as I feel it can be seen everywhere in this world.
            I am so grateful for Ryan…and for you…People like yourselves keep my faith in humanity alive:)
            Being silly is never a bad thing:P

27. Nice! I love the line ” Just like washing your hands does something more than eliminate germs”, “Let go.” is right. :)

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

HI and thank you for visiting.
      I am so glad someone liked that line, I wanted to show how wondering if you’re just going to be washed away later on is part of the fear.

hope you had a great weekend.

28. I love a scary story that has a happy ending! What a pretty little story! 😀

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

Yes, I’m hoping that the arms are there to hold , to catch.

thank you Linda, so glad you liked it. Hope you had a great weekend.

29. Ah, fear of falling. In love. Flat on one’s face. Out there without a safety net. I recognise it. Well done.

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

I think we all recognize it, that’s why it’s scary. it’s not like snakes or heights etc…although they are scary too..wanting to be loved is universal.

thank you for visiting , I appreciate it very much.

30. Love is the scariest thing of all. Sadly, a fear that is well-earned.

Hi you.
      yes, it is. Love is wonderful and fantastic and worth every scary thing, but it is scary.

hope you had a good weekend my friend.

catacun_jamila@mailxu.com