Soup’s On! (Garglebuster:Yeah Write)

I  bet you wonder how I knew

(Oh dearie don’t you fret).

I have all the evidence chopped and cubed…

So I’ll add a pinch here,

a dollop there,

then I’ll stir the pot,

turn up the heat

and watch you stew.

************************

For this week’s Garglebuster at Yeah Write’s prompt:

Who dunnit?

Read the rules and join them for 42 words of fun!

Like Be the first one who likes this post!
About Kir

Kirsten is a wife after years of dating, a mom after years of infertility & a lover of shoes, words, NYC and TV dramas. A storyteller and daydreamer at heart, this is the place where her stories come to be told. Thanks for visiting.

Comments

1. Ooh, you’re good! This is wicked and perfect right down to the 42nd word. Lovely.
    Tam recently shared…Gargleblaster | Who Dunnit?My Profile

HI Tam,
      what a fantastic comment. It made me smile and I loved that you saw the wicked it in.
      thank you for coming over to read and comment, I truly appreciate both.

2. heheh I love the tone in this piece. this was fun. and evil. :)
    christina recently shared…who do you think dunnit?My Profile

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

yes, sometimes evil is called for. 😉

thank you for coming over to read and comment.

3. Such a sassy one this-he better watch out-she has him in a real tight spot,he!he!Loved this Kir:-)
    Atreyee recently shared…The ProfessionalMy Profile

HI Atryee,
      so nice to see you round these parts today. THANK YOU.
      he is in a tight spot, circling the bowl if you asked me. 😉

have a nice afternoon my friend.

4. I really like the voice here!
    Michelle Longo recently shared…Comfort.My Profile

HI Michelle,
      thank you for coming over to read.
      I’m glad you found something you liked, this was fun to write so having you enjoy the voice (POV) is appreciated.

5. I like the tone as well. It grabs my interest and makes me wonder what lies beneath the surface.
    Jack recently shared…The Original Dad Blogger- What Is A Tagline Worth?My Profile

HI Jack,
      thank you for coming over to read and comment.
      Lots of things went into the voice of this, mostly that karma does indeed come around.
      (coming over to visit your site soon)

6. Love this. I follow the show “Hannibal,” so there’s that added element. 😉

HA!
      you know I didn’t think of her eating him up (or even about the old Hansel & Gretel fairy-tale) but yes, I can see how this could be interpreted like that. And it’s wickedly evil and fun to read.
      thank you for coming over to read and comment. (Love when YOU visit)

7. That was a fun take on the prompt.

P.S. Virtual cupcake are nice, but I wish they were real ; )

8. Well then. I don’t even know what to say but well done
    Moniqua recently shared…Flames of LoveMy Profile

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

well thank you, I appreciate you coming over to read it.
      have a nice day :)

9. This was a fun read!
    jen recently shared…Honest InnocenceMy Profile

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

thank you Jen, for coming over to read and commenting.
      I appreciate both.

10. hahahahahaha! This is absolutely fabulous, especially the ending.
    SAM recently shared…Alone on the BeachMy Profile

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

somehow I knew that you would like this (at least I had hoped you would)
      I wrote this in my head in the shower this morning and literally said it over and over again until I could get to a computer to type it out.

I love thinking that karma comes around. 😉

11. Well, that person’s goose is certainly cooked! Your story is such great fun. Playful and yet, not so much! Excellent use of your 42 words in conveying the depth of betrayal and the extent of the retribution. Brilliant, as usual. Nice to write on this blog space again, too, btw. :)

12. Think I’ll eat out if that’s alright with you!

ps. Welcome to Gargleblaster…good to see some old Trifecta friends joining up.
    paulmclem recently shared…Yeah Write #156 Gargleblaster – The Morning AfterMy Profile

13. Ew! Thank goodness stew isn’t on the menu tonight :) Great read… it’s a little reminiscent of Fried Green Tomatoes. Glad to see you linked up, Kir!
    jannatwrites recently shared…‘Hare’-Raising Adventure… (Speakeasy #156)My Profile

14. Really delightful–some people are such master chefs!
    Marcy recently shared…They did it: My basement sunflowers lived until springMy Profile

15. I know lots of people mentioned the “tone” of the piece. I gotta say I agree with them. You set the tone right out of the gate. Most enjoyable.

16. This is really good and so appropro for a guilty person of a whodunnit. I just got so tickled after reading.
    Ann Bennett recently shared…Flea Market DreamsMy Profile

17. How very Fried Green Tomatoes!

18. Sassy and snarky!!! Two of my favorite tones! Not participating but reading, girlfriend!!!
    Gina recently shared…http://WWW.Wednesday: Book (In A Hurry!)My Profile

19. Oh, how sly! I’m sensing the perfect recipe for revenge, here. :) Fabulous and fun, Kir! Thanks for trying out the gargleblaster – hope you liked it!
    Christine recently shared…GravityMy Profile

20. AH.. very Hansel-Gretel, isn’t it? Visually wonderful!
    Shailaja V recently shared…A curious tale: Microfiction- 42 wordsMy Profile

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

Yes, it is. Although that wasn’t my intention.
      It took on this fairy tale like life and I’m enjoying the interpretations.

thank you (so much) for stopping by.

21. I read this in my cackling witch voice.
    Robbie recently shared…Double WideMy Profile

• kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net says:

that is the voice it needed.
      (Although my intention was not a fairy tale type of piece, but rather a scorned girlfriend)
      I actually love the way it’s being interpreted.

thank you for stopping by, appreciate it very much.

22. Ooh, this is delightfully wicked! Love everything loaded in that last line. :)
    Suzanne recently shared…Break-inMy Profile

Hi Suzanne,
      thank you for coming over to read!
      I thought about how to phrase these 42 words over and over again until it was funny, wicked and peppered with revenge.
      I’m so glad that came through.
      Thanks for the visit!! :)

23. I get the sense of a woman scorned here. Love the voice. Wish I could see the eating. :-)
    Sarah Ann recently shared…#FiveSentenceFiction – WhimsicalMy Profile

24. *grin* Kir – I’m going to tease you for a moment. It’s actually a gargleBLASTER, not a gargleBUSTER. :) Though you’re not the first one to make that mistake, and it took almost a week and almost a dozen editors to even notice! (Apparently your poem distracted us from the title.)
    Christine recently shared…GravityMy Profile

• OMG, I’m so embarrassed, BUT I will never ever do it again.
      OH Shame on me. I’m so sorry.

but I love this prompt, so very much.

• It made me giggle. :) And I love it too! It’s seriously like jumping on a rocket on Monday mornings and holding on till Thursday. Phew!
        Christine recently shared…GravityMy Profile

• it’s the perfect place for you. I am looking to Sunday again this week, to be able to formulate and roll phrases around my mouth. It’s such a creative outlet and I adore it.

Trackbacks

1. […] her post Soup’s On, Kir approached the question obliquely, without reference to a crime, bloody or otherwise. She […]

2. […] (and did you hear? I got Editor’s Pick last week with “Soup’s On!”  […]